Maker is a decentralized stablecoin platform on Ethereum.
MakerDAO is a decentralized stablecoin platform, operating on the Ethereum blockchain.
- By staking the MKR token, users can vote on network specs and governance initiatives, including the stability fee, collateralization rates, and assets allowed to be used as collateral, etc.
- Users may deposit predetermined assets as collateral against which they may print the DAI stablecoin.
- The MakerDAO platform has built an infrastructure that aims to stabilize the price of DAI at 1 USD.
- When a user decides to deposit DAI stablecoins into her Vault and withdraw her collateral, she is also required to pay an interest, or stability fee, to the network.
- Stability fees are also used to buy back MKR tokens from the open market, which are subsequently burnt.
This material has been prepared for general informational purposes only and should NOT be: (1) considered an individualized recommendation or advice; and (2) relied upon for any investment activities. All information is provided on an as-is basis and is subject to change without notice, we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any such information. Binance.US does NOT provide investment, legal, or tax advice in any manner or form. The ownership of any investment decision(s) exclusively vests with you after analyzing all possible risk factors and by exercising your own independent discretion. Binance.US shall not be liable for any consequences thereof.