VeChain Thor (VET) is blockchain with goal of "solving real world problems."
A Blockchain Application Platform Driven By Enterprise Adoption.
- VeChain Thor (VET) is blockchain with the posited goal of "solving real world economic problems".
- VeChain leverages the Proof of Authority (PoA) consensus mechanism. PoA is a Byzantine Fault Tolerant probabilistic consensus mechanism, based on HotStuff, which relies on Authority Masternodes (AM) associated with verified identities.
- The core protocol of the Vechain Thor blockchain has four meta transaction features: Controllable Transaction Lifecycle, Multi-Party Payment (MPP), Multi-Task Transaction (MTT), and Transaction Dependency.
- VeChain has two kinds of tokens, VeChain Token (VET) and VeThor Token (VTHO). While VET has a fixed supply of ~86.7bn token, VTHO is issued as a block reward for VET staking AMs. VTHO is required for smart contract and transaction executions. Consensus is achieved on a threefold-level: (1) technical level, (2) business level, and (3) governance level.
- The issuance of VTHO is adjusted via the on-chain governance model to stabilize the fiat-denominated transaction costs. This clear governance model differentiates between three kinds of voters with various operational permissions.
- Binance.US will support the distribution of VTHO to VET holders. The VTHO will be distributed on a monthly basis, but calculated based on daily snapshots of each user’s VET balance. Daily VTHO generated by each user = Daily total VTHO generated by Binance.US * User VTHO holdings ratio. Learn more HERE.
This material has been prepared for general informational purposes only and should NOT be: (1) considered an individualized recommendation or advice; and (2) relied upon for any investment activities. All information is provided on an as-is basis and is subject to change without notice, we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any such information. Binance.US does NOT provide investment, legal, or tax advice in any manner or form. The ownership of any investment decision(s) exclusively vests with you after analyzing all possible risk factors and by exercising your own independent discretion. Binance.US shall not be liable for any consequences thereof.